Binged.com(“Binged”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), is India’s first and most comprehensive news and entertainment website devoted exclusively to OTT and digital entertainment. We strive to provide compelling news stories, insightful analysis, and authoritative commentary on the OTT landscape (“Services”).
Personal Data that we collect
Data Provided by you: Our services shall be accessible through a User Account that we create for you. We collect data to develop the said account and provide you access to our services, including our website and app. To create an account, you must provide us with your email address and password. These are all used to create your account and grant you access. Your email address is used to recover your account and to contact support. Your username is the email address associated with your account. Your password is encrypted and hashed securely. You may provide us personally identifiable information while using our services. This includes information about you that can be used to contact or identify you, as well as information about your use of and activities on our Sites (“Personal Information”). We may collect personal information about you in various ways, including but not limited to your name, email address, and location. Additionally, Personal Information may also include information you provide to us about your preferences and interests expressed while using our Sites, as well as the content you have viewed on the Site.
Information that is collected automatically: When you visit our website, our servers automatically log the information that your browser sends to every website you visit. These pieces of information may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, type and language, device identifier numbers, and the time and date of your use. This information is collected to ensure that users have a stable, secure, and pleasant experience while using the Services and ensure the Services’ performance, correctness, security, and reliability.
We collect information about you in an unobtrusive manner. We collect information from you through the use of tracking tools such as browser cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device in the form of text files. They enable the browser to be recognized and certain information to be stored. Some of the Cookies that we use as part of our services are as follows;
“Persistent Cookies” to save your username and password for future login;
- “Session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Sites, to gain a better understanding of how you interact with the Sites, and to track aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the Sites; and
- Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel to collect statistical data such as the country from which the Services are accessed and the amount of time spent on the Services. They are gathered for statistical purposes and to help us improve our performance, marketing efforts, and service quality.
- Recognizing when you sign in to our services. This enables us to make recommendations, display customized content, and provide additional features and services;
- Keeping track of the preferences you’ve specified. This enables us to respect your preferences, such as whether you want to see interest-based advertisements;
- Conducting research and running diagnostics for our internal purposes.
- Preventing fraud and fraudulent activity;
- Improving stability and security; and
- Delivering content and analysing the performance of our services.
Cookie Control: Browser cookies can be managed through the browser’s settings. Most browsers’ ‘Help’ menu will explain how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when the cookies expire. If you disable cookies in your browser, neither third parties nor we will transfer cookies to it. However, you may have to manually adjust some preferences each time you visit our website if you do this. Some features and services may not function properly.
How do we use your Personal Information?
Personal information is used or may be used for the following purposes;
- To provide and improve our Sites, services, features and content;
- To enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our website;
- To better understand your needs and interests;
- To administer and scrutinize your use of our service; and
- To fulfil all and any requests that you make.
We may use your contact information to provide or offer (including via email) software updates and product announcements, as well as to provide you with additional information and offers from us or third parties that we believe you will find helpful or interesting, such as newsletters, marketing or promotional materials, and other information about our or third parties services and products. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions included in any communication sent to you, or you may opt-out at any time by updating your “account settings” information or by contacting us at the contact information provided below.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Service Providers, Affiliates, Business Partners and Others: We may employ third-party companies and individuals such as our partners, employees, service providers, technicians, contractors, consultants etc. to facilitate and provide the service on our behalf, perform website-related services (including, but not limited to, data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, and feature enhancements to the Sites), or assist us in analyzing how our services are used. These third parties have access to your Personal Information solely to carry out these tasks on our behalf. We make every effort to provide only the Personal Information necessary to carry out these tasks. Please be assured that all these third parties hold access to your information on a confidential basis and are bound by a strict confidentiality clause.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement: Binged cooperates with government and law enforcement officials, as well as private parties, to ensure that the law is enforced and followed. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials, or private parties as we believe is necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our property and rights or the rights of a third party, to protect the public’s or any person’s safety, or to prevent or stop any activity that we believe is unlawful, unethical or against the public Policy.
Transfer of Business: We may sell or transfer or otherwise share some or all of our assets, including your personal information, as a result of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of a bankruptcy.
What are your rights?
During the course of your engagement with us or at any time after that, you shall have the right to;
- Access your personal data that we hold about you in a portable format;
- Withdraw your consent when it is the legal basis for collection of data;
- Request correction or rectification of any personal data that we have collected;
- Receive the copy of your personal data in electronic format;
- Right to request the deletion of your personal data, also known as “The Right to be forgotten”;
- Receive information from Us regarding Our activities relating to your personal data, such as the purposes for collection and storage, the duration of storage, the collection methods, the presence of automated processing, and so on;
- Delete your account at any time; and
- Receive your data and transfer that to another party of your choice.
If, during our engagement, you wish to exercise the aforementioned rights by connecting with us via the contact information detailed below.
Minors and Privacy
Our services are not directed at children. You may not use them if you are under the age of 18 in India or any other country if you have not attained full legal capacity under the applicable country’s legislation. We have no intention to collect, target, or allow our services to persons who fail to fulfil the above-mentioned age criteria.
If you are under the legal age of majority, please do not use our services or send us any personal information. Please get in touch with us if you believe we may have data from or about a person under the age of 18. We will delete all personal data relating to the above-mentioned individuals if we become aware that they lack the required legal capacity. We will not be held liable if an individual provides incorrect and erroneous data for previous years.
Security and Breach Remedies
To protect your personal data, we take all necessary technological, organizational, and technical safeguards.
We use measures such as encryption of personal data to ensure an appropriate level of security against the risk. Certain information is stored in a way that cannot be used to identify you directly. Your password is encrypted and hashed securely. Your personal information is stored on a secure server. The servers and access to your personal data are strictly regulated and restricted to a small number of individuals. However, in today’s day and age, it is practically impossible to assume 100 per cent security against risks associated with the transmission of data over the internet. Therefore, we shall not remain liable in case of a data breach.
In the event of a personal data breach, please be assured that we will take all reasonable steps in a timely and appropriate manner to avoid any material or non-material harm to data subjects. We have taken steps to ensure that we can quickly restore access to and availability of personal data in the event of a physical or technical incident. Users and competent authorities will be notified immediately upon the controller becoming aware of a breach. You may be asked to follow certain instructions to prevent breaches, including changing your password or username.