What Personal Information About Users Does Binged Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our services and your experience at Binged.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Binged Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Binged Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Binged Services, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Binged Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Binged Services and other content served by or on behalf of Binged on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as your name and email address when you sign in to Binged using a third-party login service.
For What Purposes Does Binged Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Binged Services.We use your personal information to provide the Binged Services, process payments, enhance functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Binged Services.
- Recommendations and personalization.We use your personal information to recommend features, content, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Binged Services.
- Comply with legal obligations.In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
- Communicate with you.We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Binged Services via different channels (e.g., e-mail or on-site forums).
- We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Binged, and others.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
- Recognizing you when you sign-in to our services. This allows us to provide you with content recommendations, display personalized content, and provide other customized features and services.
- Keeping track of your specified preferences. This allows us to honor your preferences, such as whether or not you would like to see interest-based ads. You may set your preferences for interest-based ads here and other preferences in your user account settings.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Binged’s content and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Delivering content, including ads.
- This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
Binged’s cookies allow you to take advantage of some of Binged’s essential features. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to contribute content, review films, add items to your Watchlist, or use any Binged Services that require you to sign in.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Displaying content from external platforms
This type of service allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of Binged and interact with them. Please note that Binged does not violate the rights of these third parties as they are third party streaming links that are publicly available legal links for sharing and thus you the user are required to agree to their Terms and Conditions as well as their Privacy Policies.
Does Binged Share Your Personal Information?
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you services provided by third parties. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share users’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include processing payments, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and transmitting content. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Binged and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Binged, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What about Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertising and Links to Other Websites: Binged Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services. We do not provide your name or other information that directly identifies you to these advertisers or third-party websites.
- Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant Binged ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie or other device identifier. For example, if you have already downloaded one of our apps, we will share your advertising identifier and data about that event so that you will not be served an ad to download the app again. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options and profile information in your account settings.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Many of our Binged Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Binged Services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in What Information Can I Access? When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, please log in to your account and adjust your preferences in your user account settings. If you do not want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or device.
- If you do not want to see interest-based ads, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
- Most devices provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services). For most devices, these controls are located in the device’s setting menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Are Children Allowed to Use Binged Services?
Binged Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not sign up for Binged Services or submit information about yourself to Binged.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with certain additional rights regarding their personal information:
1. Right to Know
You have the right to know and see what information we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
The categories of information we have collected about you;
The categories of sources from which the information is collected;
The business or commercial purpose for collecting your information;
The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your information; and
The specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
2. Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete the information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
a. Complete your transaction;
b. Provide you a good or service;
c. Perform a contract between us and you;
d. Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
e. Fix our system in the case of a bug;
f. Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
g. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
h. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
i. Comply with a legal obligation; or
j. Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
3. Right to Opt-out
You have the right to “opt-out,” or direct us to stop “selling” or otherwise sharing your information with third parties in exchange for monetary or other valuable consideration. To submit an opt-out request, please email us at [email protected] with your request
4. Non Discrimination
You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the CCPA rights listed above.
5. Exercising Your California Privacy Rights
To request access to or deletion of your personal information, to opt-out, or to exercise any other rights under California law, please email us with your request or mail us your request to opt-out.
6. Response Timing and Format
We aim to respond to a CCPA request for access or deletion within 45 days of receiving that request. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Binged Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search for information on Binged Services;
- subscribe to Binged Services;
- stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in your user account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when using Binged Services);
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with Binged Services;
- submit content contributions (e.g., plot summaries and movie reviews);
- communicate with us by email;
- complete a questionnaire or a promotional entry form;
- vote in a poll;
- upload images or videos;
- compile Watchlists or Lists;
- participate in on-site forums;
- track pages on Binged; or
- employ our notification services.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, e-mail address, physical address, and phone number;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your gender;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- your acting experience and unique acting skills;
- your educational background and professional training;
- your physical attributes;
- your general movie preferences;
- the movies and actors you like or dislike;
- people, addresses and phone numbers of professional contacts on your Binged name page;
- content of reviews, posts to on-site forums, and e-mails to us;
- personal description and photographs you submit about yourself;
- images and videos uploaded to Binged Services; and
- information and documents regarding identity (e.g., driver’s license numbers).
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content streams, and playback details, and network details for streaming quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Binged Service metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences, location of your device running an application);
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; content you viewed or searched for; and
- page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- filmography such as film and TV credits;
- biographical information;
- images and videos uploaded to Binged Services;
- reviews; and
- press interviews and media articles.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Binged Services include:
- past payments;
- subscription status;
- personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, and password);
- payment methods;
- e-mail notification settings;
- your content contributions (e.g., plot summaries and movie reviews);
- profile information associated with your Binged accounts (including your reviews, ratings, and Watchlists);
- information associated with your Binged name page (including acting experience, physical attributes, educational background, and professional training); and
- images uploaded to Binged Services.